Danforth Media focuses on three core service areas; product planning, user research, and design concept iteration. While we tailor our approach to the unique strategic goals of each client, services have included:
- User Experience Audit - A UX audit pulls together multiple sources of data for a product and looks at it in the context of specific design & business goals.
- Competitive Review & Analysis - A competitive review evaluates how a given product’s competition stacks up against usability standards.
- Expert Review - Competitive reviews can be done in conjunction with an “Expert” review, which is a formal usability evaluation of an existing product against a set criterion.
- User Persona Development - Personas are characters developed to represent aggregate statistical averages to profile a user group.
- Stakeholder Requirements Alignment - Developing and implementing a plan by which ideas and findings are socialized through the organization and with key stakeholders.
- Concept Evolution User Testing - Iterative, early stage testing and prototyping cycles to formalize and refine a concept or set of functionality.
- Validation User Testing - Single, later stage testing on beta or live product to assess its usability, accessibility, and/or overall experience.
- Card Sort Studies - Card sorting is a specialized type of user testing that is useful for assessing how people group related concepts and what common terminology they use.
- Surveys - UXD surveys contain targeted questioning about how usable a website or software is and the relative ease with which people can access content.
- Card Sort Surveys - Taxonomy, language testing to validate existing information architecture labels and groupings or to get quantitative data on more generalized language use and expectation.
- Research Plan Development - Assist client with the development of a targeted testing strategy that includes iterative research, design, and testing cycles using multiple test/research types.
Design Concept Iteration
- Design Documentation - Translating product requirements into specific design concepts. Documentation can include screen content and task prioritizations, process workflows, interaction design samples, & early stage wire-framing
- Information Architecture - Translating specific function and screen priorities into the sites architectural “blueprint”. Deliverables can include detailed workflows, “Site Map” development, and annotated wireframes
- Prototypes & Graphic Design Mockup - Various levels of fidelity prototypes and graphic design mockups for exploration, testing and concept socialization.
- Pattern Library - Work with internal design or development groups to begin a pattern library for their product along with procedural/process planning to ensure ongoing library maintenance.
Process & Methodology Consultation
- Consulting support and/or specialized projects that assist a client with maturing their internal user-centric design practice within an organization